Just In! Correctional Openings for Nurse Practitioners
Location:Troy, Baskerville, Oakwood and Pound, Virginia
Job Type:Nurse Practitioner
Placement Type: Full-time/Part-time
Additional Info: $$$ JUST IN-HOT JOBS FOR NPs $$$
FlexRN has Virginia Correctional Facility Openings for Nurse Practitioners!
Troy, VA - Level 3 Women Correctional Facility
Looking for an NP with Psych Background. Prefer someone Full-time Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM but will consider Part-time.
Baskerville, VA – Level 2 Male Correctional Facility
Looking for a Part-time NP for (1) 8 Hour Shift a week.
Oakwood, VA – Level 4 Male Correctional Facility
Looking for a Part-time NP for (2) 8 Hour Shifts a week.
Pound, VA – Supermax Correctional Facility
Looking for a Part-time NP for (2) 10 Hour Shifts a week.
Job Description for All:
• Analyze and interpret patient’s histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
• Diagnose or treat acute health care problems. (ex: illnesses, infections or injuries)
• Recommend diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with attention to safety, cost, invasiveness, simplicity, acceptability, adherence and efficacy.
• Prescribe medications based of efficacy, safety, cost and cost as legally authorized as well as chemical and mechanical measures to assist to improve behaviors.
• Assist with preparing and modifying treatment plans and recommend any appropriate programs.
• Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, and tailor instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
• Provide evidence-based health education to the female population.
Minimum Qualifications for All:
• Graduate of an accredited school and license in the State of VA to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
• Extensive knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases and deformities to include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of mental illness, knowledge of current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders diagnostic criteria.
• Knowledge of professional and ethical standards of proactive and interventions appropriate for assigned population.
• Able to function effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team and to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Let us know if you'd like to be considered for one of these exciting opportunities today!
Contact Info: If you or someone you know might be interested in this opportunity please call Recruiter, Amy Daily at: (866) 781-0726 or you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.